Srinagar, Aug 22: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Saturday conducted searches at 10 locations across Srinagar, Kupwara, Anantnag, Pulwama and Budgam Districts as part of its ongoing investigation into a cross-border terror conspiracy case involving Pakistan-based handlers and a network of local Over Ground Workers (OGWs) accused of providing logistical and other support to infiltrated terrorists.
In a statement issued to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), a NIA spokesman said, “The searches were aimed at recovering further documentary, digital and material evidence linked to the conspiracy and determining the roles of individuals allegedly associated with the local support network.”
“The case, which originated from FIR No. 0024/2026 registered at Police Station Zakoora, Srinagar, was subsequently re-registered by the NIA as RC-02/2026/NIA/JMU under Section 23 of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967, Sections 7 and 25 of the Arms Act, 1959, and Section 4 of the Explosive Substances Act, 1908,” the statement said, adding “The investigation began following the arrest of an alleged OGW associated with the proscribed terrorist organisation Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) during the late-night hours of March 31, 2026, at a naka point. A hand grenade and live ammunition were allegedly recovered from his possession. During the subsequent investigation, Pakistani terrorists allegedly linked to the conspiracy were arrested, while investigators also established the identities and alleged roles of members of the local support network.”
“According to the investigation conducted so far, Pakistan-based handlers allegedly maintained links with local associates who were being used for communication, logistical arrangements, movement and concealment of terrorists, provision of shelter, reconnaissance and other forms of facilitation. Investigators are also examining the financial trail, communication channels, movements of the accused, and the source of arms and explosives to establish the full extent of the alleged network and its activities,” it added.
“The searches conducted today were a part of the continuing investigation into the larger conspiracy and the alleged support mechanism facilitating cross-border terrorism. Further evidence recovered during the searches is being examined and corroborated with other material collected in the case,” the statement said, adding, “The investigation remains ongoing to identify all persons allegedly involved and determine their respective roles in the conspiracy. Further legal action, including arrests or recoveries, may follow based on the evidence and findings emerging during the investigation.” (KNO)







